14DAVE
Big brother
Big brother

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2457

MessageSujet: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Ven 12 Avr - 11:29

I'm doing everything possible to be ready for the playoffs

By Emanuel Ginobili
April 10, 2013

SAN ANTONIO.- I try to look at the positive side and I'm thinking that while my teammates are headed to cold Denver, I'm enjoying my kids under the sun. To my kids I'm always the same, they don't know if I'm ok or not or if I'm winning or losing games. That's how it should be. But the truth is that looking at it from a career angle this sucks, just like any rest that's not by choice. I've said before that if I had another injury it was going to be complicated for me, and that's what happened. Now I'm doing everything possible to be ready for the playoffs.

The injury was on a location very similar to the last one, on the hamstring, but this time on the right leg. I'm starting to jog, following each step as usual, but I had an ultrasound and the tear is there, so I'm still limited on what I can do.

As far as my personal situation, as it's well known, I'm going to be a free agent when the season is over. At no time there was a chance to renew. Tim didn't do it last season and I'm not going to do it either. A while back I said I wanted to play another couple of season, which i think it's the most coherent idea. Things like this injury are problematic. I'm not saying I feel like retiring, because it's nothing serious. But you never know how you're going to come back from it.

When I look back this was a tougher season than many others. To me, but also to other important players in the team. Stephen Jackson and Kawhi Leonard missed over 20 games, and Duncan and Parker about 15. Tony also had some bruises and bumps that didn't allow him to play the last few games. Same thing with Boris Diaw.

Looking at all this, I feel there's even more merit that we're still fighting for that 1st spot in the West, which is clearly the tougher conference, with many more competitive teams. Be able to surpass 55 wins is already a remarkable achievement (we've won 57), and we still can reach 60, something that not many teams can do.

Nevertheless, the #1 spot is not guaranteed. We have five game left and some are quite difficult. We've Denver on the road, Sacramento at home, a back to back with Lakers and Golden State on the road and the last one against Minnesota at home.

Because things are looking very even to determine the last few spots left, ending up with the 1st or 2nd seed won't probably change many things. The possible opponents are changing constantly and are a lot. Could be Houston, Utah or Lakers. Even Dallas, although it looks difficult. It could even be Golden State. Whoever we get will be very tough and we're likely going to be guessing who we're playing until the last game. That's why, right now, all we think about is ourselves and we don't look as much who we might play against.

Amongst so many setbacks, Pop is trying to diagram what's to come, trying to make up for the absences. We're fine, although we're not getting to the playoffs at our best, as one would like.

The day I got injured in the game against the Clippers, I went out as precaution. I didn't think it would be so bad. When the studies showed it was a tear, it was a big blow. It was pretty demoralizing, because even though my game wasn't very good, I felt great physically. The first five days were complicated, but now I'm excited again, and I can't wait to get back to help the team.

Masculin Nombre de messages : 306

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Ven 12 Avr - 18:03

Boris Diaw opéré du dos
Par Fabrice Auclert — Le 12 avril 2013 à 19:3711 commentaires
Les Spurs ont annoncé que Boris Diaw était passé sur le billard jeudi pour se faire opérer d’un kyste synovial logé dans la colonne vertébrale, à l’origine de ses maux de dos.

Il s’agit d’une opération bénigne mais l’intérieur des Spurs sera bel et bien absent 3 à 4 semaines, et il manquera donc toute la totalité du premier tour des playoffs.

Remplaçant cette saison, Diaw tournait à 5.8 pts, 3.4 rbds et 2.4 pds de moyenne.http://www.basketusa.com/news/161246/boris-diaw-opere-du-dos/

A part tim qui n'est pas blessé ?
Les PO ca va être dur .
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
14DAVE
Big brother
Big brother

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Ven 12 Avr - 21:27

Apparemment il y a un gros stress avec Stephen Jackson aussi!! J'ai lu un truc que je n'arrive plus à retrouver, comme quoi il ne toucherait pas assez de vallon et refuserait de jouer. Mais il n'y avait pas de source sure, et à l'instant je viens de lire ça :

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 33s San Antonio has waived Stephen Jackson, league source tells Y! Sports

Bref ça craint, je ne me fais pas d'illusion pour les PO! confused Sad

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Ven 12 Avr - 21:35

J'allais le publier , ça craint , on perd un gars important, + un gars du roster .

avec tous les blessés , c'est incompréhensible .
Ca semble pas être une rumeur ... attendons demain

clonk

14DAVE
Big brother
Big brother

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Ven 12 Avr - 21:42

Some more news on the Jackson thing: "He definitely went off on players and staff and said he was a "grown man" or something stupid. He feels he's not getting enough touches in good spots. Blah blah. Still not ready to be a role player I suppose.

Danny's bro, Rashad said he was off the team for sure, but we know an equipment guy who said the Spurs were just trying to use scare tactics with him. They threatened to waive him immediately and then told him they will resign him for the minimum for playoffs(if he apologized and still wanted to play) since its too late to join another team. I think they are just giving him time to cool down."

***This is from a fan on this page who has knows the Spurs players personally***

MessageSujet: Rise of Kawhi coincides with the fall of Jackson   Dim 14 Avr - 18:44

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/buckharvey/2013/04/rise-of-kawhi-coincides-with-the-fall-of-jackson/

The day the Spurs traded for Stephen Jackson, they won. They had, in effect, subtracted a year of Richard Jefferson’s salary by taking on Jackson. Amnesty for Jefferson wouldn’t have been as financially effective.

The Spurs also thought Jackson might be able to help, but they weren’t counting on it last season. He showed up out of shape for the Milwaukee training camp in the fall of 2011, after all, and was shooting 28 percent from the 3-point line when he arrived in San Antonio.

So what the Spurs got last year from him was a bonus. But the trade did something else. Jefferson’s exit made it easy to give Kawhi Leonard the starting slot he deserved, and made it just as easy to tell Jackson he would be his backup.

Friday came with something similar.

It was also, in part, about Leonard.

Spurs staffers stuck to a company line Friday evening, both in public and private, while trying to explain why they would release a player a week before the playoffs began. “We thought this was best for our group,” Gregg Popovich said for the record.

Off the record, some talked about Jackson’s poor play this season, and one number is the same as it was when he arrived last season. Jackson, again, is shooting 28 percent from the 3-point line.

But it’s not as if the Spurs haven’t had slumping players heading into the playoffs before. So why not keep Jackson, since he’s getting paid no matter? Why not keep someone who could bump with Kevin Durant, who handles playoff pressure well and who might repeat what he did in Game 6 in Oklahoma City?

Then, he tossed in six 3-pointers. “I’m having fun!” Jackson screamed in the second quarter, and few of the Spurs had the same look.

Popovich loved this side of Jackson. When Popovich yelled “I want some nasty” in Game 1 against the Thunder, he wasn’t surprised Jackson was the one who responded.

Popovich knows the other side of Jackson, too, and reports by Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski fit with that. Wojnarowksi cited a league source who said Jackson had been “sparring” with Popovich throughout the season.

Spurs sources say there was not a defining showdown, and an extension was also not part of the arguments. Popovich had made that issue moot with Jackson when the trade was made. Instead, it was how Jackson was being used; he just wanted to play more.

If Jackson had been playing better, Popovich would have tolerated the occasional outburst. And if Leonard was a rookie now, Popovich would have wanted Jackson’s experience.

But now? Leonard’s game is expanding seemingly every week. He isn’t just a nice piece, as he was last season. Popovich thinks he can be a star, capable of matching up against the best, and Popovich is doing everything he can to clear the path for him.

The 41 minutes he averaged in the recent Atlanta and Oklahoma City games are indicative of what is coming in the playoffs, as were the team-high 35 minutes he had against the Kings Friday night. Leonard might even do what Durant did a year ago against the Spurs in the postseason — play 48.

Popovich said as much after the Sacramento game when asked if Jackson’s departure might affect the depth at small forward. “That’s Kawhi’s position and he plays a lot of minutes,” Popovich told reporters. “That’s what we want him to do. We want him to play 35-40 minutes a game. He’s a heck of a player and he needs minutes, so he’s going to get them.”

Jackson might have still been useful. Few have his edge, and few are better liked in the locker room. But he’s not a situational player, the way someone such as Steve Kerr was. Jackson needs some time on the floor to be effective and, more telling of his exit, he demands time.

So ultimately Popovich thought it would “be best for our group” if he eliminated a potential negative and put Leonard in a better position to succeed.

Again.
sebitas

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1278

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   Lun 15 Avr - 3:55

Jax Manu Boris......ou va t'on? Et TP qui n'est plus la...que lui arrive t-il?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Manu donne de ses nouvelles   

Manu donne de ses nouvelles
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1